by Trainer Riad Thalji
Introduction Page Structure Making Text Bold Making Text Emphasized Line Breaks Direction Divisions Headings Horizontal Lines Paragraphs Underline Comments Ordered/Unordered Lists Nested Lists Color Names Color Codes Color Backgrounds Background Images Working with Images Working with Fonts Character Entities The Head Tag Working with Links Defining Tables HTML Forms
- Special characters like white space, the & sign, the copyright mark © and many are included in my text articles.
- Special characters can sometime confuse the browser, leading to displaying them incorrectly, they sometimes interfere with the HTML syntax.
- A white space for instance, will not be interpreted as a space as browsers usually neglect white spaces.
- For example:
- represents a white space that will be forced at the location where it.
- ® will display the registration mark like this: ®.
- $ will display the dollar sign $.
- © will display the copyright mark ©.
- % will display the percentage sign %.
- Many other entity symbols are available, we always refer to HTML references of code editor help and its code since to find them.
<!doctype html> <html> <body> <h1>Software Sales Report</h1> <p>50% of our computer software customers comes from the computer science and Engineering school, where, their revenue per months reaches US$150,000.</p> <h2>We found these facts:</h2> Microsoft Windows® 30$<br /> Microsoft Office® 25$<br /> <p>We should give good discount for this reason.</p> <p>Well this is not the perfect way of displaying tables in HTML, we just presented this way in a sake of providing an example of using entity symbols.</b> </body> </html>
The output will be as follows: